Why is a neck lift done?
A neck lift is a cosmetic procedure done to reduce the loose look of sagging skin in the neck area and under the jaw line. A neck lift may be
- A cervicoplasty – to lift the excess neck skin
- A platysmaplasty- to address weakened or loose muscles
How is a neck lift done?
- Incisions are made either
- under/ behind each ear to remove excess skin or
- under the chin and behind/under each ear to remove a section of fat muscles and excess skin
- The incisions are sutured and a pressure dressing is placed around the head
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr. Ahmad Ridzwan
MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Glasg), FAMM, FACS, FICS