Why is rhinoplasty done?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure done to reshape the nose in order to
- aesthetically improve the appearance
- functionally correct a birth defect or
- provide relief for medical problems.
How is rhinoplasty done?
- Incisions are made either from within the nose ( closed rhinoplasty ) or between the nostrils ( open rhinoplasty )
- The skin of the nose is then separated from the supporting framework of bone and cartilage and sculpted depending on the problem or technique.
- Finally the skin is redraped over the new framework and a splint is applied to help the nose maintain its new shape. Splints may also be placed inside the septum to stabilize the septum.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr. Ahmad Ridzwan
MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Glasg), FAMM, FACS, FICS